Monday, August 31, 2009

Feminine Tough

I had been planning on making a blog for quite some time, and decided to use this outfit for a first post of my personal style simply because I planned on returning the outfit. My reasoning was threefold for each piece.




The dress: too suited for spring/summer (with autumn fast approaching, it seemed a useless wardrobe staple), too heavy of a floral print and too many ruffles (a bit too girly for my taste), and too pricey when considering the two previous reasons.

The belt: doesn’t mix well with any other pieces in my wardrobe, is a bit too tight, and, as it the case with the dress, too pricey when considering the two previous reasons.

The booties: too bulky of a fold over (I prefer a sleeker look), too short a heel (as a petite girl, I can never get enough height), and, as is the case with the two previous items, they are too pricey when considering the two previous reasons.

The denim jacket, on the other hand, was bought many years ago, and has since been given to my sister.

Although my style isn’t ultra-feminine, I really do adore this outfit. And the booties and denim jacket toughen up the floral print and flirty ruffles. But, in the end, the purchase of this outfit was just not a pragmatic choice for me.

I believe the lesson here is to avoid impulse spending. Fashion is ever-changing, so it’s best to opt for versatile pieces that can be incorporated into a plethora of outfits as opposed to splurging on a certain trend. Hopefully I’ll find it within me to take my own advice!

Dress: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Booties: Madden Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment