Sunday, August 30, 2009

Welcome to My Closet



Welcome! In case it seemed too obvious to be true, I am Noelle. And this is the first post of my fashion blog.

With a new school year impending, I believe there is no better time to create a blog. For me, this blog is a new and less necessary (therefore more pleasurable) mode of focus. For you, it is hopefully a means of entertainment and inspiration.

I will use this blog to explore the many layers of fashion. My blog posts will consist of (but not be limited to) personal style, runway trends, do it yourself fashion, and the fashion industry itself.

Fashion is an art form, although it may not be widely accepted as one. Art is defined as the process of composing elements into something that is aesthetically pleasing. Artistic expression goes into designing clothing just as it does into creating paintings and sculptures. And it is further conveyed by picking out pieces that touch the soul, cheesy as it may sound.

And, as with any other art form, fashion can be found everywhere. Why, just sitting at my computer I can look around and easily spot it. The geometric positioning of photos and ticket stubs on my corkboard. The designs on the paper money resting on my desk. Writing itself, which is what I’m now doing, can even be considered fashion!

Comments are greatly appreciated. And don’t forget to subscribe to my blog! If you’d like to contact me directly, you can e-mail me at noellescloset@yahoo.com.


It seems only too appropriate to have this introductory post concluded using a quote from Coco Chanel.

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”-Coco Chanel

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Noelle,

    I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this topic. I look forward to further posts. BTW, you are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jake. That was a compliment a sentence!:)

    ReplyDelete